If you’re in pain because of muscle, joint, or nerve damage, your solution may come from a surprising source, light. Dr. Herrington offers low-level laser therapy (LLLT), or cold laser therapy, as a great treatment option for soft tissue issues.
Conditions We Treat with Cold Laser Therapy in Hattiesburg
If you have any of the following conditions or symptoms, cold laser therapy may be an effective treatment option for:
- Muscular Injuries/Muscle Spasms – From sudden muscular tears to sprain or strain injuries, we treat muscle inflammation, spams, and damage by repairing the connective tissue with laser light.
- Tendonitis/Bursitis/Fasciitis - If you are suffering from tendonitis, bursitis, golfers elbow, tennis elbow, planters fasciitis, or carpel tunnel syndrome Cold Laser therapy may be the perfect treatment option to finally get you some relief.
- Arthritis – If your cells have slowed down or stopped regenerating, cold laser therapy is a helpful way to stimulate cell regrowth and rebuild fibrous tissue, reducing the source of your pain and inflammation.
- Wounds – Just as cold laser therapy slows down degeneration, it speeds up the body’s natural healing and rebuilding processes, helping wounds heal faster to reduce your risk of infection and relieve your pain and mobility problems
- Knee pain/Shoulder Pain – Our laser therapy techniques help reduce local inflammation and relieve Knee and Shoulder pain.
- Back Pain – Cold laser therapy helps regenerate damaged cells, regenerate damaged cells, reduce muscle inflammation, and rebuild tissue after back injuries, and it also provides instant back pain relief by blocking pain receptors.
- Neck Pain – Pressure and inflammation are common sources of neck pain, and cold laser therapy allows us to stimulate your nerves and tissue to reduce pain and heal your neck.
Benefits of Cold Laser Therapy
Cold laser therapy is a non-surgical treatment approach that requires no medications or incisions. Recovery time is minimal, and pain relief results are often immediate. If you have an injury or condition that leaves you in pain, cold laser therapy may do the following for you:
- Provides Pain Relief – Pain happens when your brain responds to injuries, but cold laser therapy can actually help block the receptors that cause this reaction. Pain relief isn’t just a physical relief for you; it also allows your body to focus on healing damaged tissue.
- Reduces Inflammation – After injuries or flare ups of old injuries, inflammation is often the reason that mobility decreases and pain continues. Inflamed tissue takes longer to regenerate, so it’s important to reduce inflammation as much as possible.
- Heals Damaged Tissue – Each laser therapy session will target the cells in a specific part of your body, stimulating the tissue that needs to regrow and heal more quickly. Cold laser therapy may also boost your immune system, strengthening and kick-starting your body’s natural ability to fight inflammation and heal damaged tissue.
- Increases circulation and angiogenesis – cold laser therapy helps to increase circulation by stimulating the growth of new blood vessels.